Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cabbage and Potato Soup

It is cold outside today so I decided to make soup. That said, I didn't want to go to the store because, well, it's cold outside. I am just going to use what is in my fridge, isn't that how the idea of soup started anyway? I am not so sure how it is going to turn out, but if it is tasty, I will post the recipe and a photo for you to see. Here goes, I am throwing in some chopped up cabbage, some cut up potatoes, carrots, chicken broth, a shallot, butter, salt, pepper, and a bit of water. I am using my crock pot and will let it simmer all day. My hope is the potatoes will break down and it will turn a bit creamy. Stay tuned! Post Cabbage Soup Update: It was terrible! Tasteless. I will have to try using an actual recipe next time.

No comments: