Friday, February 17, 2012

Why you should never put a shag carpet in a kids play room...

This post is all about why you should never put a shag carpet in a kids playroom and how I learned the hard way! So a few months back I was at Home Goods, I love that place, and bought this super soft beige shag rug for my bedroom. Long story short it didn't look right in there so I decided to put it in the downstairs playroom. It is super soft and the kids love sitting on it to watch TV. Now my boys are 8 and 11 so I figured they could handle it being beige and all and they could and did until it came to the box of cheerios that go spilled all over the carpet. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal since they were dry from the box. Just vacuum them up right? Wrong. They lodged themselves deep down into the shag carpet strands and wouldn't come out even with our super power Kirby vacuum. The only way to get them out was to roll the whole carpet up and try to shake it out outside. This is not easy to do with an 8'x 10" carpet let me tell you! In the process of shaking out the cheerios a virtual buffet of dry snacks come spilling out. Disgusting. So, that said, word to the wise, do not ever ever ever put a shag carpet in a kids play area or just don't ever let them have snacks on it!

No comments: